Friday, December 8, 2017

It’s Coming Out

My daughter lost her first tooth today.  It had been bothering her for a while and tonight she worked it back and forth through dinner trying to get it to come out.   My son and husband showed up at dinner after we did and when my son realized she was about to lose the tooth, he gave her some helpful advice—him being a veteran with two teeth lost himself already.

She had finished he second dinner, it being the second bowl of low mein they had brought to her because the very helpful bus boy cleared our table while I took her to the bathroom mid-meal.

Two bowls of noodles and the tooth had to come out so she worried it back and forth until it came off I her fingers.  She wasn’t upset about it; I think she was relieved to get it out because it was becoming annoying.

The Big Boy Update: when my daughter her tooth come out, I asked her if I could have it so she could hold the napkin up to her mouth for any blood.    As I reached for my purse my son asked me, “do you always have extra bags on you?”   I sort of have a thing with little tiny bags, which I guess my son has noticed.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has her tooth in a bag under her pillow.   Or maybe there is a dollar already there, I’m not sure if my husband, ahem, the Tooth Fairy, has made the swap yet.   My son has told her it’s dad and me that does the money, not the tooth fairy.  Dad very correctly told both children that we'd never seen the Tooth Fairy.  The ruse may not last long though

No comments:

Post a Comment