Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Chanukah Stockings

This is our fourth year going to our neighbor’s house during Chanukah to have dinner with them and swap stockings.   Their children had never had stockings before and I liked putting little things into stockings and we didn’t know that much about the celebration of Chanukah so we decided to get together and swap traditions.

I’m tired or I’d write lots more about the crazy things we as mothers found to put in the stockings as we make stockings for the other family’s children.   Bryna had some good things in my children’s stockings but I think I may have won with stacks of $100 bills and sticky poop—oh, and a severed hand.

After Matzo ball soup and potato latkes we played an eleven-person game of dreidel using Hershey’s kisses as currency.   Somehow my son and daughter ended up with all the Hershey’s Kisses to go home…imagine that.

The Big Boy Update:  At one point at our neighbor’s house tonight my son stopped running around for a few minutes.   Blake asked him what he was doing.   My son said, “I’m strengthening my hearing”.   About thirty seconds later my son hopped out of the seat and said aloud to himself and anyone bothering to listen, “okay, good, now my hearing is a little bit better.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  During the game of Dreidel tonight my daughter was quite impatient on waiting for her turn to come around.   But she was generous too.   When she found out Shane was out of Hershey’s Kisses to ante and continue playing she handed one over.    She looked over at Shane and smiled and said, “I want to plat Dreidel with you every day.”

No comments:

Post a Comment