Saturday, December 23, 2017

Oh Christmas Tree

Watching movies is always hard in our house.   My son only wants to see things he’s already watched before, vehemently stating that he doesn’t want to watch whatever new thing it is we think he’ll like.   My daughter is willing to watch anything aside from being uninterested in everything because she can’t see it.   But sometimes we force the issue on them.

Tonight my daughter and I were making banana bread for some neighbors as well as for us.   I put on the Charlie Brown Christmas special while we worked in the kitchen.   She talked to me through most of the show but then towards the end she got very excited because the song, Oh Christmas Tree came on.  I didn’t know she knew the song.   She came back into the kitchen when the show was over and asked if we could play the movie again, but could we skip to the end where the song was.

My husband came upstairs at this point and helped her find the spot so she could sing the song again. Then he decided to put on Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer.   My son came up shortly after that and promptly sat down to watch too.   He’s a sucker for anything on the television, you just can’t tell him you’re putting anything on.

We put them to bed and told them maybe we could watch some other Christmas movies tomorrow.   Chances are they’re going to ask for the same two they saw (or listened to) tonight.

The Big Boy Update:  My son ran into the bedroom to find me tonight, asking if Monday was Christmas because his sister had told him it was and he wasn’t sure she was right.   I don’t know if he even knew what day of the week today was but when I confirmed that yes, Monday was Christmas, he ran out yelling in excitement.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been asking for the brightness on her iPad to be turned down—something she hasn’t done in a long time.   This means light is getting into her right eye that was surgically opened up on Monday.   She also doesn’t want much light in their room at night, demanding the one string of lights on the baby Christmas tree be turned off so she can sleep.   I don’t know if she can see any form vision in the eye, but she can at least see light.

No comments:

Post a Comment