Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Tooth

My daughter has a tooth that wasn’t formed normally.   We were told by her dentist it was going to be a concern for a cavity and as such we’ve been working hard on the brushing and flossing.    Ay daughter is an expert in flossing—she will tell you exactly how many teeth she has on the top and bottom every night.   It is important to note the numbers never match and they change from night to night.   Asking, “are you sure?” is always met with an affirmative response from my daughter.

A week or so ago my daughter started talking about the tooth, saying it hurt.   She flossed it for so long one night last week her gums were bleeding.   So we made an appointment with her dentist and today she went for tooth repairs.

She got a special gas mask and then had some, “silly jelly” to put on the area around the tooth.   After that was the needle, which she didn’t like, but hey, who does.    After that the dentist looked at the tooth and said the decay was extensive.   She recommended a crown.  

I can tell you this, I am not thrilled about my four-year-old having a crown.   We’ve been trying to have good dental hygiene with the children, but be that as it may, she had a decayed tooth that was hurting her.

She has a, “princess crown” or a, “fairy tooth” now.   It was bothering her a bit this afternoon but hopefully she’ll be fine in the morning.

The Big Boy Update:  I try to let my children do the talking when we’re in the car.  This morning as we were driving to camp my son suddenly said, “guess who is my number one friend?  Ryuichi.   And my number two friend is Yukina.”   After he finished, my daughter who is in the middle of the “me too” said they were her number one and number two friends too.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter started twirling her hair around her ear as a stress reaction after losing her vision.   It went on for months and then, apparently it stopped.   I had forgotten all about it until last night when I watched her putting some errant hair behind her ear to get it out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment