Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Make Me Proud

The Big Boy Special Time Update:   We’re doing “special time” with our children every day now: a fifteen minute time in which the children can do whatever they want with us as parents (*safety and other restrictions apply).   My son wanted very much to play the video game Ryuichi had been doing during the day on the large television in the basement.   My son flatly refused to do special time until he suddenly thought  playing the game with me would be how he’d like to spend his time.

We started the game and my son died in short order.   His second life was ended almost as quickly and his third life lasted not much longer.   I was left alone, trying to “save the humans” in the hope we’d earn an extra life so he could rejoin the game.    As my son watched me play alone he said, “make me proud, mom.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to have a popsicle after lunch this afternoon.  She decided the front porch was where she wanted to eat her popsicle and left the rest of us inside where we were much cooler given the hot, humid temperature.     About two minutes later she opened the door and called for my husband.   She told him, “dad, I hear popping sounds in my tummy.”  My husband had a conversation with her about burps which must have made her feel better about the popping sounds because she went back outside to finish her popsicle afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment