Saturday, July 2, 2016

Foreign Exchange Student Reunion

My husband’s family hosted a foreign exchange student at their home when he was in high school.   That year their family had many good times with her and their memories have been retold  to me so I feel I know her myself.   Since high school though, my husband hasn’t seen her.   His parents went to Japan to attend her wedding and the two families have always kept in touch.

Yesterday her family arrived from Jakarta via London and were not surprisingly tired from long hours of travel.   Today, we’re all acquainted and we feel like old friends already.   Maromi’s two children are older than our children, but they’ve become fast friends.    They all speak excellent English, but I hope to learn some Japanese words perhaps before they leave.

They’re here for two weeks and we’re looking forwards to many fun times and new memories from their visit.  

The Big Boy Tiny Girl Slippery Slide Update:   My in-laws took us to a new pool in their town today that has a big slide with twists and turns that exits out into the pool at the bottom.   At our pool children have to pass a swimming test in order to use the slide.   Both children  are working on being able to swim unassisted across the pool to complete the test but for now, they got a preview at Nana and Papa’s pool on how much fun the big slide can be.    They both went down about twenty times and loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment