Friday, July 15, 2016

Left or Right or Left

We’ve done some investigation today to find out which hand is my son’s dominant hand and the results are interesting on multiple fronts.   He is displaying right-hand dominance in many things but when it comes to holding something like tongs, tweezers or a pencil, he prefers his left hand.  

We tested, ahem, played games with him that would give us information on thirteen different ways he might display hand dominance.  Of those thirteen, six of them showed right-hand dominance with the other seven demonstrating left-hand dominance.   The left-hand ones included those including or close to writing activities, the right-handed ones included bigger motions such as throwing a ball or unscrewing a lid.

But what does this mean?   I’d like to know myself because I’m left-handed and I tested myself along with him, having the same results in each and every test.    Am I left-handed but would have been better suited as a right-handed writer?

We will find out more and because I know you simply can’t wait to know the results of this riveting situation, I’ll update you as I get some professional guidance from Bethany.

The Big Boy Update:  My son jumped off the diving board today at the pool.   I didn’t know what to write about him today so I asked my daughter to tell me something interesting about my son I could write about.   She said sure and then too me about the diving board.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is watching me type this blog post so I asked her if she’d like to say anything or tell a story.   This is what she said, verbatim:  “Hello, Aunt Rebecca.  I hope I see you soon.  Bye.  And mom, could you give her a smiley face too?”

No comments:

Post a Comment