Friday, April 1, 2016

Watching a Movie Together

My children get along well a lot of the time.   There are times when they don’t agree about who should get their way, which is sometimes followed by shoving, yelling, pinching, punching and especially complaining to the adults around.   But generally, they’re good friends.

Yesterday my son came home from Lego Land with a fever.   Today he’s still in his pajamas and is fine other than some lethargy with an accompanying fever.   My daughter is fine.   She’s so fine we had a big issue getting her out of the pool for lunch and I speculate we’ll have another issue getting her out of the pool again later today for bed.  

One thing we haven’t been able to do much with the children together is watch movies as a family.   When you have one child who can’t see a screen unless it’s less than three inches from her face, watching something as a group isn’t really possible.     We try to introduce movies to them both at different times.   My husband is good at putting movies on the iPad so my daughter can watch them in her own time.  

Lately they’ve both been into the Star Wars movies.   My son is mostly crazy about  everything about Star Wars.   He knows all the characters names across five of the seven movies.   (He hasn’t seen the last two due to his age and content.)   He gets my daughter interested in playing games and imagining they’re the robots.   They love BB8, even though they haven’t seen the new movie he’s in.

This afternoon I went down the hall to hear my children talking to each other.    They had the iPad balanced on the bed so they could both see the Star Wars movie playing.    They both had their faces close, but it didn’t matter to me because they were both able to watch the movie at the same time.

Now they’re running around playing some Star Wars game they’re making up.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is sick with a fever.   He didn’t want to eat breakfast for a while this morning.   I asked him if he felt okay and he told me his stomach hurt.  When I asked him how it hurt he told me, “it’s like my stomach is fighting each other”  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The pool rules.   Seriously, that’s all that needs to be said.    Oh, well there is one thing.   We made a sunscreen coverage error on the first day we were here and she got burned in a few spots.   Two of the spots are peeling now.    That’s one for the, “ugh, I feel like a terrible parent” list.

No comments:

Post a Comment