Sunday, March 6, 2016

Twelve Hours

I would not have believed I could be busy with work for twelve hours in a car going to Detroit, but so it is.   I feel like we left not that long ago and yet I’m just scrambling to finish up things as we’re about to pull into the hotel parking lot.  

This time, I am not going to put an open water bottle into my laptop bag so I can carry a sleeping child into the building.

This time, my child is awake and she’s excited about seeing her friend Susan, who works at the front desk at night.   She brought back the stuffed dog with the heart in his paws she was given by Susan last time we visited.

Hopefully we’ll get in in time to swim in the pool before we have to go to bed.    We’re all looking forward to getting to the hotel.

The Big Boy Update:  My son had a low-grade fever today.   We told him he couldn’t play with his friends today.  My mother is watching him while we’re driving to Detroit and when his friend, Keira knocked on the door he told her he couldn't play.   Then he told my mother, “Mimi, this is how it’s going to be.  This afternoon I’m going to be better so I can play with Keira but tomorrow I’m going to be sick so I don’t have to go to school.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter is such a good car traveller.   She gets bored but she went twelve hours today without complaining.   Although one time she asked if we were there yet four times in a row, pausing about three seconds between queries.

Fitness Non-Update:  Okay, oww.   I was overly optimistic on how great I felt after the race yesterday.   This morning I was sore.   Today I’ve been in a car for twelve hours and I am hardly moving and I am sore still.

No comments:

Post a Comment