Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The X Factor

My husband and I decided a long time ago we wanted to go all electric from a car perspective.   Today we took another step in that direction.   We made a reservation to place an order for a Tesla Model X back in 2014.   The release of the model X has been slow and deliberate but it’s been moving forward at a pace commensurate with the technology Tesla Motors decided to put into the car.  

We went to the sales center today to pick up our “storm trooper” white paint with white seats car and found this:


There was paperwork and questions from us and a few things that needed to be looked into but otherwise, this amazing SUV-ish vehicle was ours to take home.     We’ve been enthralled ever since. There are a few “hiccups” as my husband called them but we’re not upset since our car was early on in the production run.   The service center is working to resolve them in the next two days. 

The children are thrilled to be riding in “The Flying Car” so named because of the falcon wing doors that open upwards instead of sideways.    We’re excited about so many features and I’d love to tell you more but I need to finish this blog so I can go mess with our new car.   More tomorrow…

The Big Boy Update:  My children asked us to go fast on the way home from school when we picked them up in “the flying car” for the first time.   The car isn’t really that much faster than our other Tesla, but my son immediately declared, “the Model X is faster than the awesome car.”   Technically, he’s correct.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We took my daughter back to Tae Kwon Do last week to see if she was able to participate.   She was nervous but did okay.   I think she’s a bit away from being able to meaningfully participate.   Once she has some lenses in her glasses it may be a different story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment