Friday, March 18, 2016

Females

My husband and I went to vote at the primary on Tuesday.   I’ve said many times now that in our family my husband represents ninety percent of the political opinions and political knowledge in our family.   But the more I think about it I think that number may be low.   At any rate, we happened to arrive at the polling location at the same time and got in line together to get our ballots.

I followed my husband over and stood in the stall next to him.   Some of the candidates I knew about and knew which way I was going to vote, but some of the offices I didn’t know any of the candidates.   I didn’t want to vote simply based on which name I recognized more because that seems like voting based on sineage and commercial prominence and doesn’t strike me as a good way to pick a candidate.

Baring meaningful information I turned to my husband and asked him who he was voting for for some of the offices.   He told me he also didn’t know much about some of the positions.   He said, “I’m going female.  They’re more reasonable usually.”    I laughed and told him he was never, ever going to live that statement down.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was interested in who had “driving licenses” today.   He was asking about some of his friends who were six-years-old.   I told him you had to be a good bit older before you got a drivers license but that very soon his cousin, Olivia, would be getting hers to which he said, “yes, then Olivia can drive us to tennis.”   Folks, we don’t play tennis.  None of us do.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Today we saw my daughter’s pediatric ophthalmologist.  It was challenging to get much information from a light-sensitive, not overly cooperative child, but she and her partner were able to tell a few things.   First, my daughter can see a little more form vision from her left eye than I thought she could.   She was able to identify shapes from three feet away (very large shapes).   This is better than what she could see five months ago.    Dr. Grace also tried to get some sort of idea what kind of prescription she might have for her surgical, right eye.   She and her partner said from what they can tell (mind you, it wasn’t detailed) it looked like the silicon oil in the eye was mitigating lack of lens somewhat and there was a decent chance she would be able to see far distances without any correction.   Her suggestion was to leave things as they are for now and let the eye continue to heal hopefully regenerate rod and cone cells and keep monitoring the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment