Thursday, March 10, 2016

Let’s Play the Alexa Game

This is a game that wasn’t something children played a year ago.   I’m not even sure how many children are playing it now even.   My daughter came up with the game a while back because she and her brother like to ask Alexa (our Amazon Echo) to do things for them.   They’re pretty good at adding things to the grocery list we don’t really need and they’re excellent at getting Alexa to play the Raining Tacos song again and again.

The Alexa Game happens when we’re not around Alexa (who resides in our kitchen).   We take turns being Alexa while the other people ask Alexa to say or do things.  If it’s your turn to be Alexa you can pretend you don’t understand or you can play the song requested by singing whatever part you know of the song.  

The children like being Alexa and asking questions to a human version of Alexa.    Fortunately we have the real Alexa who does a far better job of answering our questions, especially when it comes to singing songs.

The Big Boy Update:  My son got upset at me tonight because I wasn’t pronouncing shuriken correctly.   He informed me I was saying it wrong and it was pronounced ‘sure-you-king’.   He told me this was “because you were the king of throwing.”

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  We ate dinner out on our deck.   There were some small bugs hounding us for most of the meal.   My daughter addressed all the bugs in the area loudly, informing them, “hey bugs, we’re not flowers, we’re people.”

Fitness Update:  I had a swimming lesson today with a coach who is going to give me some advice on swimming for a triathlon I have coming up in May.   He had some good tips this morning.   I’m going to have to get some practice time in before we meet again so I can work on his suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment