Thursday, March 17, 2016

Re-Fevered

My daughter’s fever is back.   She is completely fine aside from a fever.   It’s one of those things that’s “going around” or I think I’d be worried.   I’d be worried if her eye looked bad but it looks fine as well and she has no specific pain or sensitivity in the eye, so all is well.

Today we stayed home and she spent a lot of time on the bed lying on her back with her iPad over her face at two inches away from her eye.   This is a good position for the substances in her eyes and it gives her a chance to rest her other senses as well.    

She is completely happy one hour after Advil is administered and acts like an otherwise healthy child.   Then, as the medication wears off she grows cranky and irrational.   But she’s doing well and she’s not complaining about being at home.

Tomorrow she’ll be home again due to the fever today.   I had a nice time spending time with just her today on the deck when she was feeling better.

The Big Boy Update:  I asked my son what he wanted me to say for him today and he said, “Roger Roger.”   I asked him where it was from and he said, “Star Wars” (Episode I).   I asked who said it and he told me, “Battle Droids.”   He saw the movie a while back, but he’s got a great memory for details.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter told me today she thought our dog was old.   Then she said, “mom, are we going to get a new dog soon?”  I told her no.   She said, “aww, but I want a new dog.”   First child request for a new puppy…I predict it won’t be the last.

Fitness Update:  I went swimming today to train for the olympic triathlon I’m doing in Pinehurst later this spring.   My running partner’s husband and I are doing the race together.   I swam 1500 meters today and practiced the stroke form and flip turn suggestions the coach gave me when I met with him last week.   I got fairly good at the stroke but I have a lot of work to do to get the flip turn working without being terribly awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment