Friday, August 28, 2015

The Non-sleeping Shirt

I bought two new shirts yesterday.   They’re t-shirt type shirts with nice designs and patterns.  One has a cute little pocket that’s totally useless from anything other than a style perspective.  The other shirt looks a little sports-ish while being feminine at the same time.    I’m wearing one of the shirts today and my husband said he liked my new shirt.

The thing is, both shirts are pajama shirts.   Or they’re sleepwear or whatever term you’d use to describe clothing you got in the sleepwear department.    They’re not particularly thing or see-through.   There is no trace of lace and they’re made from a material that’s comfortable, soft and drapes in a way not-unlike other super soft and comfortable t-shirts in other departments.

On the way out of the store with my non-sleeping, sleepwear shirts I stopped to feel the material and heft of two different shirts on display.   Both felt as though they’d make perfect candidates to be sleep shirts, if someone so desired.

So yes, today I’m wearing pajamas out.   Tomorrow I’m going to wear my other pajama top and I’m going to feel like I have a little secret that really doesn’t matter about the origins of my two new shirts.

The Big Boy Update:  This morning was talking to my son about our friends who have gone on the road to travel.  I explained they would be back to visit around Halloween but they would be traveling again for Christmas.   I explained to him that we would just have to miss them while they were away. My son told me,  “I won’t miss them, I have a hologram of them."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is currently wearing a pair of reading glasses.   She was peering intently at the beads she was trying to string so I offered them to her.   She put them on and was thrilled at the magnification and has decided to keep the glasses around her neck in case she needs to see anything else up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment