Monday, August 10, 2015

I’ve Been in These Clothes ALL Day

We left at lunch on Friday to drive to my brother- and sister-in-law’s house.   We knew it was going to be a long drive and we weren’t disappointed.   There was traffic before Washington, D.C., during it, after it and beyond.    We tried to time our trip so the traffic would be less versus more, but it was still a long trip.

We arrived after the sun had set and every member of my family was joyfully jumped out of the car to let their bodies move freely, unencumbered by seat belts.  The adults brought in the luggage while the children told stores, ran around and had fun laughing and playing with my relatives.  

I am the unpacker.   I like the job because I like getting settled and situated when we arrive somewhere.   I’m also good at it because I packed everything and I’ve already envisioned how to unpack it all.   It’s just one of those things I do well because of my inclination to organize everything.  

When I got everything unpacked I went into our room to settle in for the night.   I took off my clothes with a high level of distaste.  I thought, “Ugh, I’ve been in these clothes ALL day.”   The clothes felt dirty and over-worn.  

But they weren’t, really.   I put them on shortly before we left at Noon.   I wear clothes all the time for hours longer in a day than those particular clothes.   It wasn’t the clothes so much as the weariness I felt in them from the long, draining, constricting day of travel.

The Big Boy Update:  My son told his aunt, “Reese loves to sing; I love to fight.”   I think this is a very, very accurate summary of my two children.   My daughter sings quite a lot and my son likes to battle in whatever way he can with friends and family.   He loves it.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has decided to go to bed two of the last three nights on vacation here.   She stands up, says, “I’m going to bed” and walks to her room.  She’s never done this before at home or on vacation.  

Fitness Update:  I did another two mile walk around the playground while my children played for an hour.   Then I spend an hour-forty minutes on the Nordic Track while the children played in the room around me.   I really like the Nordic Track.

No comments:

Post a Comment