Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Can We Have Six Cups?

My children have been playing regularly with their best friends who live diagonally behind our house.   The four of them get along very well, needing almost no parental interactions to mediate conflicts.   I think this is due in part to the different personalities as well as the age span from three to eight, but either way,  we four parents love how our children can play happily together outside for hours in the afternoons.

I didn’t realize until yesterday that my two children had introduced Rayan and Keira to their imaginary friends.   I was working in the kitchen when I heard the door open and the children come in.   They asked my husband if they could have six glasses of water.    “Six glasses?” we asked.   Keira told us they needed the extra two because Ghi Ghi and Gah Gah were thirsty too.    “Oh, well in that case,” we said.

My husband said he would get a pitcher of water for them and I went into the cabinet and help them select four larger cups for them and two smaller ones for Ghi Ghi and Gah Gah.

As they left to go outside, Keira, the oldest of the four, turned and said to my husband, “there should be seven glasses, but Greyson says Pahmer doesn’t want any water.”

The Big Boy Update:  Due to an unexpected traffic jam I was late to work this morning.



The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has had troubles with diarrhea the last few days.    It’s not been bad, but things haven’t been as solid as they normally are.   She’s gotten a bit of a rash  that’s caused things to be uncomfortable and bothersome.   But in all this, instead of telling us she has troubles, she takes care of them herself.   She goes to the bathroom, realizes she got some on her underpants, gets up on the counter and washes them out using soap, wrings them out and then puts them in the laundry basket.   She finds new pants and underwear and then goes back to what she’s been doing.    We’ve been trying to catch her when it happens so we can put some comforting cream on her in the hopes she’ll have a chance to heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment