Thursday, August 13, 2015

Ambisinister

I have the Dictionary.com app on my phone.   I look up words from time to time because I like words.   But my favorite thing is the word of the day notification.    A lot of times I know the word, but look at the definition anyway because I have an idea what the word means but couldn’t explain it clearly to someone else if they asked.  

Today’s word was ambisinister.   It sounds like an ominous word so I checked it out.  It turns out I’m ambisinister (or at least I would class myself as such.)  It means, “clumsy or unskillful with both hands.”  

I have nerve damage in my spine that makes my hands partially numb.   I am classically clumsy with my hands, causing me to drop things more often than I feel I should.    

I’m not sure how I’d work the word ‘ambisinister’ into conversation though…

The Big Boy Update:  My son decided a few days ago that he has a laser penis.   I do not know where he got the idea, but he’s holding firm to it.  He runs around and attacks his niece and nephew and claims he’s attaching them with his laser penis.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter wanted to get involved with exercising this morning while I was on the elliptical machine.   She got an exercise band with handles from the corner.   She spent time wrapping around her body in various binding positions.   She would then do ten “reps” of some exercise before moving to the next “exercise.”  I wish I’d gotten pictures of some of the ways she wrapped herself up.

Fitness Update:   I did two hours on the elliptical this morning while watching television.   I think I could stay on the machine for longer with the mental distraction of the television.    It’s a good workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment