Saturday, November 8, 2014

To Walk in Someone Else's Shoes

I mean this literally.   Today I was at a friend's house.  They don't wear shoes in their home and I was running around in my socks with my two children and their kids.    I had parked in their driveway, blocking in the other cars.    At one point, someone needed to leave and I needed to move my car out of the way.

I went to the garage with my key and realized I didn't have my shoes with me so I slipped on the clog-type shoes the mom had sitting outside the door.    It was a short walk to my car but it felt strange.   First off, I don't walk in clogs ever, so non-bendy shoes was an interesting experience.

The other way it was different was that the mom has a gait in which the outside back edges of the shoes wear over time.  The clogs had some wear on the back edges and it felt odd, like I was about to fall outward at the ankle, with each step.

I wonder how my shoes would feel to someone else if they walked in them?

The Big Boy Update:   Scream Time.   I swear (I swear a lot some days) that when my son watches television or gets time with the iPad, it turns him into an angry monster.   Even if he has warnings that the show or time will be over soon, he just becomes irascible for a good while afterwards.   Sometimes he will even scream in frustration.   I'm renaming it, "scream time" instead of "screen time".

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   She was eating a squeeze pouch of apple sauce in the car this afternoon.  After she was done apparently there was a song she liked on the radio and she decided to have her apple sauce dance.   She called out to me from the back seat, "mom, the apple sauce is dancing" and gave me a demonstration, making the apple sauce pouch dance between her hands, as we drove down the road.  

No comments:

Post a Comment