Thursday, November 20, 2014

Microwave 7

We have a microwave that's primarily black.   The area in the kitchen it's in has sunlight land on it much of the day and as I walk by, I can see all the smudges and marks we've made with our fingers as we've entered times to microwave and opened and closed the door.  

Commonly I'll sweep back by with a cloth and clean up the marks.   I do this because I have a tidying problem, but then you all knew that.    As I clean off the microwave keypad, I can tell which numbers are used more than others.  The other day it reminded me of scenes from movies where someone has to guess a key code and they do so using information gleaned from which numbers or keys were most commonly pressed.

The one on our microwave is a busy number.   So is the three for thirty seconds.   I use the two a lot because I do twenty seconds for breads.   Forty, twenty-five, fifty, even sixty or ninety seconds are things I might enter into the keypad.    But what about seven?

I don't know that I've ever used the number seven key on the microwave.   Maybe there are settings I might use like seven for seventy-percent power, but I don't know if that's even an option.  

The seven key might be broken for all I know.   Maybe it's not even connected.   Maybe, just maybe, if I use the seven key I'll find out I'm the winner of something unexpected like my own island in the south pacific.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to microwave something for seventy-seven seconds, just to see what happens.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was sick and vomited several times recently.   Each and every time he seemed almost sorry to have made a mess.    If it was in the car, he would quietly sit with it all over him and follow our directions on how to get out of the seat so as to not make more of a mess.   When he got sick in the house, he was holding his hands over his mouth, literally trying not to get it everywhere.   I told him it was okay and he needed to get it out.    What a thoughtful guy.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Where's Mickey?  My daughter got a new Mickey Mouse stuffed animal for her birthday.   Not an hour after opening the present, my son got sick and threw up all over it.   My daughter helped me with the wash and because the top of the washing machine is glass, she watched the load in progress.   Mickey would appear and then disappear within the load as it spun.    She was very happy when he was clean.

Fitness Update:  Today we did only two things at the gym.   Two very long alternating sets of stuff that was designed to make your legs very very tired.   I wonder how they'll feel in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment