Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Suddenly Sick?

My children were uncharacteristically unhappy, mean, physically rough and cranky tonight at dinner. I took them home and planned to separate them into two separate rooms until bath time but by the time I drove into the garage at six o'clock, both children were asleep in the back of the car.

I brought things into the house and cleaned up things in preparation for the end of their day and bath time.   I turned on the light in the garage at six-thirty and they work up fairly quickly.   They were unstrapped but they were too busy moaning and crying to get themselves out of their car seats.  

Not to worry, usually once they get into the bath they get over the sleepiness and are happy and playful and it's difficult to get them out of the bath.   But in this case, the angry, crying, moaning and wailing continued.   Even when I got them in the bath they weren't happy at all, acting like they didn't know what to do but anything was awful and a terrible thing to have to deal with.

I took my daughter out of the tub, dressed her quickly and took her up to bed hoping she would calm down and go to sleep an hour early (unheard of in our house).  My son was being particularly combative but he calmed down enough to get dressed and take some Advil before going up to their bedroom.

During this whole time, my daughter had been moaning in her bed upstairs, which is not like her at all.   When I got back up there to put her brother in bed, I gave her some Advil in the hopes she would calm down too.    It worked, eventually.

Neither child has a fever, but it may be on the way.  Our neighbor's daughter has a fever today but it didn't present until after she felt sick.    We'll see how our two fare through the night.

The Big Boy Update:  Yesterday my son asked me, "do girls have holes in their ears for earrings?"   I don't know what prompted the question but I told him about earrings and let him look at the holes in my ears.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Wet underpants.   This has and is still a repeatable topic.   There is nothing wrong with my daughter medically, but she wets her pants multiple times each day.   I really don't think she minds being wet or minds changing to dry underpants and pants.  Her teacher at school says she never seems to mind and sometimes she goes and changes own her own.    We're still working on it and I believe someday she will be wet pants free, but for now, we're doing a lot of underpants washing.  

Fitness Update:  10,021 steps, six flights of stairs and 4.35 miles walked.    That's what my iPhone 6 tracked today without me doing anything specific.   It's a feature of the newest iPhone and it's been tracking that information since the day I got it.   My daily average is 14,274 steps, fourteen flights of stairs and 6.11 miles.   I had no idea how much walking you get done in the normal course of the day's events.

No comments:

Post a Comment