Saturday, November 1, 2014

The Angel of Death

We have another neighborhood Halloween party to go to tonight.  Last night's event was at the clubhouse and was organized by the neighborhood social committee.   Tonight's party is hosted by a single family who has graciously (or possibly foolishly) invited the entire neighborhood into their home (where their two-month-old son will be sleeping).

We went last year and they were excellent hosts.   Their party is a costume party and last year I just grabbed an old witch costume from the attic and went as that.   This year I didn't know what to be but something occurred to me as I was going through the Halloween boxes in the attic.

I found some white fairy wings that fit an adult.   I located my grenade vest I purchased from a state surplus sale (who knew you'd need a vest that could hold twenty-four grenades?)   I pulled out some camoflage pants and then it hit me: I'd be the angel of death.

So yeah, they're fairy wings, but if anyone asks me I'll just say, "how do you know what angel wings looks like?"  When people asked me what I am, I'll say, "I'm the Angel of Death...would you like to pick your poison?"   Then I'll reach into two of my grenade pouches, bring out some mini-liquor bottles and let them make their selection.

The Big Boy Update:  Average.   My son finished participating in a study to asses early childhood development to try and determine to the development of autism-spectrum disorders.   At the conclusion of his participation in the study we'd get results of his evaluation.  He was rated average on everything, which is good news.   His internalizing behavior and externalizing behaviors are well within the normal range.  He was tested using the Mullen Scales of Early Learning and tested average on Visual Reception, Fine Motor, Receptive Language and Expressive Language.   His entire composite was within the average range as well.   We weren't surprised, we didn't have any concerns that he had autism-spectrum tendencies, but it's good to know.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Gymnastics with Gigi.   We went today for the first mother-daughter gymnastics class with my running buddy neighbor and her daughter, Gigi.   The hour was entertaining and fun for everyone I think.   The cutest part was when Gigi and my daughter were both straddling the floor-balance beam together hugging each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment