Wednesday, November 26, 2014

The Difference of a Day

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.   We'll be celebrating with both my parents and my in-laws and I'm looking forward to the time we'll all share together.   Today we arrived at my parent's mountain him and my in-laws are arriving shortly.   My mother was playing with the children out in the snow so my husband and I decided to go do some quick shopping before the holiday got into full swing.

We went down to the shops and got a parking space in the front row.   As I walked into stores I was greeted with enthusiastic sales people, eager to help me—even if I didn't want any help.   We had a pressing need to go shopping (we had forgotten something) and I was necessarily wary of the pre-Black Friday prices.   But what I found surprised me.  

I was told by sales people in store after store that everything in the store was fifty-percent off.   They had to get their sale signs up before tomorrow; they had to mark down items before the early Black Friday sales started.  So, everything was already on sale.  I got through the entire outlet mall in record time, finding several things I didn't even know I needed ("needed" being completely subjective.)

These same stores will be mobbed after Thanksgiving tomorrow.    It will be hard to find help, because everyone will be busy ringing up the lines of customers.     I think I'm going to shop on Wednesday before Thanksgiving from now on.    What a difference a day makes.

The Big Boy Update:  My son was playing out in the snow with a spiderman toy, talking to himself when I heard him say: "this is Spiderman's invention.  He gave it to me when I was Peter Pan."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter said today, "oh no, my tutu came off!"   I said to her, "I think you mean 'tattoo.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment