Thursday, November 27, 2014

In the Absence of Cooking...

...we had a delightful Thanksgiving.   We're at the mountains visiting my parents.   My in-laws are here as well and today at noon, dressed in our holiday best, we went to my parent's country club for a Thanksgiving meal.  Not one of us cooked.   No one had to clean.   It was so nice.

We got dressed to go with: my son had on a green vest and my daughter had on a green sequined dress.   They looked much more dressy than they normally do.  We decided to take pictures.   My father set up a camera on a tripod with the timer set and every was called into the big room.

Unfortunately,  family photo was mostly a failure due to a tantrum my son was throwing.   He had started the tantrum some time before and was getting more and more upset as he wasn't getting his way—which was random and mostly irrational.  

We got to the country club and my son still wasn't able to compose himself, so he and I stood outside until he finally calmed down (or got cold enough in the snowy weather).   After that, he was a model child for the remainder of the time.

We met the club manager and many of the people working for the day's holiday service.   I thanked them all for working on Thanksgiving as I got food from the buffet.   They were all so friendly and happy—it must be a nice place to work for.  

They had a magician coming around the the tables doing magic for the children.   My children loved the foam balls he made appear and disappear in their hands.

The food...oh dear, it was good.   There were so many things I wanted to eat that there just wasn't room for.    I ate more than I should have, but I'm not sorry one bit.

We came back and my mother-in-law an I made cookies, some of us played Scrabble and there was an adventure had in the snow by the children and some of the grandparents.

It's been a good day.

The Big Boy Update:  Where are the handlers?   We were watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this morning and my mother-in-law was explaining to my son about the handlers and how they held on to the large inflatables and walked them through the parade.   We kept looking for a view of them, but usually the cameras were focused on the inflatable itself.   At one point my son got very close to the television and looked like he was looking for something at the base of the table it was set on.   As we were telling him to move back, we suddenly realized he was trying to look into and below the bottom of the television to see the handlers who were out of frame.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Stair stepping.   I noticed my daughter has gotten big enough now to take stairs like adults do: one step at a time.  She's taller at three-years-old than her brother was and can take the stair steps with ease.

No comments:

Post a Comment