Sunday, November 2, 2014

Dark Hair

I had my hair colored last week in the hopes to get it back to the color it's suppose to be.   I'd darkened it two months ago and it was a good step, but it wasn't all the way there.    Over time the color faded out and my hair lightened back some due to the highlighting I'd had done as it grew.  The last time I had it colored I thought the change was fairly dramatic and yet very few people noticed.

This time we did one shade darker.   The little pallet of colors in the hair color swatch book has all kinds of shades.   We went one shade darker in a book with page after page of colors.   It was darker. definitely and I liked it.   Interestingly enough, making the change from faded darker to a bit darker was a much more noticeable change.   People immediately say something when they see me.

It's been really unexpected.  I had my hair colored on Wednesday and as of Sunday, I must have had twenty-five people comment on the color and how much they like it.   It's all been positive comments and it's all been how they think the color suits me.

I don't think I've ever gone this dark in color before.   It's a little darker now than it will ultimately be because of the initial fading.   I'm hoping it's close to my natural color but I won't know that for a bit of time to come given how slow-growing my hair is.

I like the new color.   It's been fun hearing from other people that have noticed the difference.

The Big Boy Update:  "But he had on a helmet!"   We were at a school class playdate this afternoon and my son was playing with one of his friends, Oliver.   Someone said, "there's a child with a big stick about to throw it".  I looked over and it was my son not with a stick, but with a large log.   As I called out to him he launched the log straight at Oliver's head.   I ran over yelling that that that sticks were not weapons and that throwing was never okay.   My son replied, "but he had on a helmet!"   The helmet did save Oliver's head as it bounced right off the top of it.   We still had to have quite the discussion though.  The remainder of the play date I talked to other mothers from our school and got some great advice on how to handle similar situations they've been dealing with as their children are slightly older than ours.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Pig Pen.   Do you remember Pig Pen from the cartoon, Charlie Brown?  I was reminded of the character as we watched, It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown before Halloween last week.  Today I could have renamed my daughter to Pig Pen.   I must have cleaned off her filthy face seven or eight times during the birthday party and play date we went to this afternoon.   I cleaned her hands off as well, guessing she was passing on dirt from one to the other.   But the smudged, filthy face would be back a short time later.    The other children remained clean and neat, of course.

Fitness Update:  Uncle Jonathan ran in another half-marathon today.   He beat his best time yet.   He's still working on getting to a qualifying time for the Boston Marathon and at the rate he's going, he's going to get there soon.   My running is still slow as molasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment