Friday, October 17, 2014

The Seven O'clock Alarm Clock

I have an alarm clock.  It has two settings.  The first is to wake up at 5:15 am to go to the gym.  I seem to use that a decent bit (possibly more than my sleepy body wants me to use it).   There is a second setting I use to use that goes off at seven o'clock.   I used that setting on mornings when I needed to get the children to school on time.  

I haven't needed the second setting in a while though.   There may have been some sort of alarm clock virus that is only contagious to young children, because my two now have that setting in their personal bodily alarm clocks.

Something recently triggers them to get up almost right at seven o'clock.  Ten minutes before seven?  All is quiet in the house.   Ten minutes after seven and there's a good chance we have one or two toddlers in our bedroom asking us if it's morning time and if they can have breakfast now.

What age is it that they start sleeping in again?

The Big Boy Update:  This morning my son said to me very excitedly, "I remembered!"  I looked over and he had remembered—he had put his plate and cup on the counter after eating breakfast.   Yesterday ended in tears when I lost my temper because both children forgot to put their plates up and the dog got about four days worth of calories off the table.    It was a C- parenting moment for me.   I was so happy when my son remembered this morning that I whisked him off the floor and gave him a great big hug and kiss and told him how proud I was of him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is confused by the birthday song lyrics they sing in her classroom.   The song talks about how the Earth goes around the sun and how, "it takes twelve months to go around".  My daughter thinks it's saying, "it takes enough to go around" which makes me laugh because I always get a mental image of a very tired Earth trying to make it around the sun.

Fitness Update:  We went to the state fair for the last two days.   Because my iPhone Health app tracks steps, I know that I walked six miles yesterday and seven miles today.   Interesting statistics for doing nothing more than having your phone in your pocket all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment