Friday, October 24, 2014

The Love Post

I was driving home from a meeting at my children's school today and I started thinking about all the things I love.   I don't know why I did, but that's where my mind wandered.   It's like a, "Things I'm Thankful For" list only it's about the things I love instead.  

- I love my husband.   He's great.  He's the best.
- I love my children.   I've got two, well, "normal" kids, and that's perfect as far as I'm concerned.
- I love my parents.   They've always been there for me, not matter what.
- I love my in-laws.   I could't have asked for a better mother- and father-in-law.
- I love my extended family.  My brother's family and my own are each and every one special to me.
- I love my home.   We built a beautiful home and I love living here every day.
- I love my dog.   She's getting old and cranky, but she's sweet and loves us.
- I love our friends.   We have some of the kindest and best friends we could ever ask for.
- I love my cleaning lady, Edna.   We've been together for eighteen years.
- I love our school.  The children are getting an exceptional educational and the community is great.
- I love my neighborhood.   We're fortunate to live in a friendly and happy neighborhood.
- I love my city.  I've lived here all my life.  It's a nice place.  It's home.
- I love my bank.  I opened an account there when I was eight.  I still go to the same branch.
- I love my shopping mall.  I've shopped there since I was a child—so many good memories.
- I love my iPhone.  I'm getting kooky now, aren't I?  I love my phone, but that's no surprise

I could go on, honestly, it wouldn't be hard at all.   I'm sure I forgot something truly important like, "I love candy"—oh wait, I do love candy!   This post might never end at that rate.

The thing is, I'm surrounded by wonderful people, places and things in my life.   And on drives home like today when I'm smiling for no reason, I think, "why am I smiling?"   It's then that I realize how fortunate I am.    And then...I start to dance and sing (way off key) to some happy song on the radio in the car where no one can hear me...grinning all the way home.

The Big Boy Update:  On the way home today my daughter said, "mom, you're upside-down."  My son responded, "no she's not, she's upside-right."   As I thought about it, I realized the inconsistency in our two phrases, "upside-down" and "right side up" and how my son's version made a lot of sense.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  This morning my daughter was finished eating breakfast.  As she put her plate and cup on the counter she said, "mom, I'm awesome done."   I said, "I think you must mean your 'all' done."  

Fitness Update:   First time in the gym in almost two weeks.  It showed.   I wasn't able to keep up nearly as well as everyone else.   I may have to retire and eat bon bons if I keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment