Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Indoor-Outdoor Weather

It is so nice outside right now.   It's not too hot or too humid or too cold.   It hasn't rained in a while and the air is just friendly and nice.   Mornings are cooler, in the sixties, fifties or even forties, but it warms up to over seventy by mid-day mostly.    It's what I like to call indoor-outdoor weather.

I'm taking this time to work on the deck, porch and two patios under them.  I've put a treatment on the deck and power-washed it twice to get the grey and stains off the wood.   After it dries I'll put on some water sealant.

For the brick patios below, I'm power-washing those and then adding filler sand between the bricks.   The neighbor's children, Ryan and Kira, helped me with that tonight and my children had fun shoving sand around into the areas between the bricks.    When that's all done, I'll water-seal those areas too.  

And during all of this work, moving around furniture, applying product, cleaning, sealing, I'm leaving the doors to the house wide open.   We're all running in and out as a family and having a great time.  It's a nice time of year weather-wise.

The Big Boy Update:  Esterday.   My son doesn't pronounce "yesterday" correctly.  I told him how it was pronounced tonight and he still got it wrong.   Then I said, "you start it with 'yes', can you say 'yes-terday'?"   He got it right without hesitating and immediately smiled.   Daddy and I cheered for him.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  Suckystrips.  My neighbor (who is also a doctor) recommended we use steri-strips on my daughter's chin wound.   We had been having trouble getting them to adhere and today my husband told her he'd renamed them, "suckystrips" because they won't stay on for longer than an hour.   Suddenly she looked ashen and said, "oh no, I forgot to tell you to get Benzoin to adhere them!"   So tomorrow, we plan on having steri-strips that actually stick.

Fitness Update:   I was going to go to the gym this morning but my neck and back said no.   This afternoon it felt better so I got in a six mile run instead.   It's nice weather this time of year for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment