Thursday, October 30, 2014

Alternate Hand Clapping

I know we have bodily preferences, but I discovered one I hadn't noticed before during the ride to school today.  If you clasp your fingers together, either your left or right thumb will be on the top and that way of clasping you hands will feel, "right" as opposed to the other way.  

Sitting cross-legged and folding your arms across your chest are two other preferential positional things we tend to do as people.    I was clapping along to the, "If You're Happy and You Know It" song with my children and it occurred to me that I far prefer to clap with one hand on top (or relatively on top) than I do the other hand.     Strange I never noticed this before.

The Big Boy Update:  Pahmer is still with us.   Remember him?   He's back with a vengeance.   He is sometimes a fictional entity or perhaps just someone not in the room.  Sometimes one of us is Pahmer and sometimes he's a definite person, such as "the worker".    Pahmer has been visiting our house a lot of late.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  There is a house with some halloween blow-up decorations on our way out of the neighborhood.   There's a huge spider over their porch and stairway, a witch with a sign reading, "Witch Way" pointing to their house and then the not-very-scary Hello Kitty blow-up in their front yard.   My daughter likes to say, "hi kitty!"  when we drive by.   Today, my son informed her, "that's Hello Kitty".

No comments:

Post a Comment