Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Colorful Walls

It was bound to happen sooner or later.  It was only a matter of time.  This evening, after our friend had stopped in before heading to a concert, my children were running around upstairs having a very good time.  Daddy went up to check on them after a while and then I heard him yelling out something I don't like to hear: "No!  Never!  Never ever!"

It turns out my children were having a great time coloring the walls of the hall with crayons.  They had hit several spots, but fortunately they're not that proficient or thorough at coloring so it was mostly marks here and there and those marks were made in passing and weren't ground in colors.

Up I went with a scalding hot wet cloth in the hopes the crayon would melt onto the cloth and come off the wall.  I wasn't sure how it would go with our flat paint, but it was fairly easy to get off.  The Magic Eraser I had in reserve I never even used. 

I'd say we got off lucky this time. 

The Big Boy Update:  The black toe.  In July we went to visit family in New Jersey.  During that trip, my son dropped a piece of wood on his big toe and bruised it under the nail.  Ever since then he's had a purple toe that's been slowly growing out.  He named it his black toe.  Two days ago he was messing with it because apparently it was bothering him and the black part tore off.  Now both of his toes are pink again.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She's suddenly started chewing on her hand when she's in distress or stressed out.   I'm not sure why she's decided this is a good way to deal with a stressful situation, but she's bitten down hard enough to leave a mark twice now.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I hope it wasn't the art supplies I sent for Reese's birthday!

    ReplyDelete