Sunday, November 3, 2013

Marathon

Today was the marathon.  It was a fun day; it was a tiring day.  But we made it.  I have lots of things to say about the marathon, only my brain is not performing at it's normal state and I can't remember them, so I'm going to have to defer until tomorrow and I'll try and get a more complete post in at that point.

There were some fun things though, like daddy and the children meeting us at one point of the race with banners.  My neighbor's husband had a great idea to draw up some banners with the children, so early in the morning they got together with our two children and their four children and made up some nice signs wishing us good luck in the remainder of the run.  It was a nice surprise and great encouragement as I was tired and my feet were sore. 

It's almost bedtime and I can bet I'm the one most excited about that in the house.   It was a very happy day.

The Big Boy Update:  He was less than impressed that Uncle Jonathan, my neighbor and I were running a marathon.  He was more interested in eating his Pirate's Booty (puffed corn snack) on our first pass and engrossed in the iPad on our second pass.   But he was there and it made me proud.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  She wasn't sure what was going on when we all showed up and ran past her morning, but she was at least happy to see us. 

Marathon Update:  Marathon!  26.2 with thousands of other people.  Great day.  Tiring day.  Fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment