Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I Have a Second Blog

I do, it's true.  It even has a name.  Only it doesn't really exist.  It's the blog location for all the thing that just don't fit here.

There are things I think about that would make sense to put in a personal diary, but not to share on the internet.  There are things I think about that I know would cause me to lose all three of my readers were I to write posts about them.   Trust me, there are things I think about that you just don't want to know about.  

So when those ideas come up, and believe me they do, I just pretend to write them up while I sit in the tub relaxing after putting the children to bed.  And I smile.  Because usually, those posts make me laugh, even though they'd make everyone else cringe.

The Big Boy Update:  My son is fond of one of his teachers, Kica.  He sometimes tells her her last name is the same as ours, so our running joke with her is that she's a member of our family.  Coming home the other day I asked him as we drove into our driveway, "who lives here?"  He replied, "daddy."  I then asked him if anyone else lived here and he said, "Kica."  So I asked him if he lived here and he said, "no, I live at school."  Kica tells us about my son's days at school and some of the funny things he says and does.  He was having a problem with, "a need to move" and one day he went to the back door, turned to Kica and said, "Kica, I need to run."  So she opened the door, he went out and ran around in circles until he was calm enough to come back into the classroom and focus on his work.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  "Happy know clap hand hoo ray"  My daughter is picking up new songs more quickly now.  One of the most recent ones is, If You're Happy and You Know it.   She will go on and on after signing it together with us, but the longer she sings, the more words she leaves out and the more verses she combines.  This is true with most of her songs.  By the time we got to the grocery store last night, she was happily and enthusiastically repeating, "happy know clap hands hoo ray!"

Fitness Update:  Headache, possibly a migraine, but I wanted to go to the gym with my neighbor this morning because she had some news she wanted to share with me that was important to her family.  It was a rough workout but I'm glad I went because we did have a chance to talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment