Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Time Apart

My children are doing a number on where they want to sleep at night.   They are on the verge of wanting to make a break and move out of the room they've shared for over eight years.  It's a perfect time for them to mull oversleeping alone in a different room without the other sibling because we have no plans for visitors to come to stay with us for, well, ever right now.

This means the other two bedrooms on our second floor that are set up as guest rooms, knowing that at some point we'd lose a guest room but gain two more independent children.

My daughter was all about "Mimi and Gramp's Room" for several nights.   This is the room my parents have stayed in when they've come to visit.  They live in the same city during winter months, but there was a prolonged energy outage so they came to stay with us for a few days, and therefore the room is now referred to by that name.

My in-laws gave us this entire bedroom set when they moved not that long ago.   It's solid as a rock and the mattress is really comfortable.  I know this because I used to sleep on that bed when we went to visit them.  Black Dog is guarding the bed.  (He is stuffed.)



The back bedroom my daughter is currently sleeping in, with the first night having her brother tag along.   That didn't go well so it was a good thing he didn't want to sleep with her again the second night.   Here's the guest bed with Tigger and Weasel on Secret Pillow.



They're both are aware we're in testing mode and that we'll make a decision with them possibly soon.

The Big Boy Update Tiny Girl Egg Hunt:   My children are currently having a social distancing Easter Egg hunt.   I gave them some eggs I had from Easter that I didn't put out (remember I got overzealous?)  They have paper or plastic bags and are hiding eggs for each other and then finding them.   I knew those extra eggs would come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment