Saturday, June 20, 2020

Hunchback of Father’s Day

I don't usually go on about holidays or celebrations.   Most of the time I mention it to some degree but don't dwell on it.  I talk a bit about it and then move on.   That is exactly what I'm not doing with this Father's Day holiday this weekend.   My children have huge plans.   And they need help with all of it, "please, Momma?"

So of course, I help.  Each child has more than one thing for their father, but the main item, the main thing they're going to bring into the room with a huge smile on their face, knowing it's going to wow every adult in the room, that main thing is on foam board.  They have a large, sturdy sheet on which all manner of things can be presented.

The children have designed their "presents' in such a way they their father will have to do things on the foamboards using some of the pieces.  It might be part of a puzzle or a game or a maze.  Who knows what they've come up with underneath those foam boards?  Look at me making it all sound mysterious.  

That's not my goal, but I do have to wait for tomorrow before I can show it here.   I've put a lot of 'Mom hours' in on these two little things.   Both of them have parts that are so good, I suspect my husband will want to even keep them for a while.

Days of leaning over and around a work table while standing and constantly moving have made me feel like The Hunchback of Father's Day right now.   I'm ready to deliver Father's Day presents and eat the steak my husband wants to prepare himself for us and his parents who will be coming over with masks on.  We'll all be safe as can be.

The Big Boy Tiny Girl It's Finally Finished Status:  Father's Day presents have finally been completed.   Both children started out small but then their ideas grew.   They added things and then they changed their plans and then, well, there were a lot of modifications to plans, I suppose is the best way to put it.


No comments:

Post a Comment