Thursday, June 25, 2020

Bigger, Messier, Incomplete

The one closet cleanout has turned into a larger project than it might have otherwise been if my husband and I worked on it alone.   The children became very interested in everything that came out of the small closet.  

We made a good start but ended the day with things all over the floor in our bonus room.   The children were too interested in playing with so many things they haven't seen in a good while.   We will continue tomorrow, hopefully marking things to be given away to younger children.   It has been nice to see them engaged with toys, puzzles, and little things collected over the years.

After several hours, the children wanted to go outside and my husband and I were ready to take as break as well.    Tomorrow, hopefully, we'll finish the job so we can move on to the next messy area that needs attention in our house.

The Big Boy Update:  My son found, for about the fifth time over his life, a game I had long before he was born called, "Weapons and Warriors."  There haven't been enough pieces to play the game in probably twenty years.   This matters not to my son who only wants to lay out the armies and castles to play imaginatively.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter's favorite toy today was a large box.   She wanted me to empty it out (onto the floor) so she could play in it.   Boxes are still fun to my children, even as eight- and nine-year-olds.

No comments:

Post a Comment