Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The Puppuccino Mess

Our dog loves to ride in the car.  If you're going somewhere, she wants to be with you.   She's always watching for when I get my purse on account of that typically means I'm leaving.   When she sees my purse in hand, she starts following me around, hoping it's one of those trips where she can tag along.   I talk to her, telling her where I'm going and if she can come.   She doesn't understand me, but she does get the message if I tell her I'm sorry in a sad voice, figuring out from past experiences that that voice says she's not invited this trip.

She goes with me in the mornings to take my son to school.   She's well known by the staff at this point.   Usually, someone comes up to her and pets her through the passenger window which I've rolled down for the purpose.

After dropping my son off at school I go to Starbucks.   I get my coffee and a puppuccino for the dog.   This is one of the items on Starbuck's secret menu and is a small cup with whipped cream.   The dog loves it, lapping it up while I hold the cup as I head home or to my next errand.

When she gets home, sometimes I've noticed she rubs her face in the grass or on the carpet to get off what I'm assuming is residue from the whipped cream.   It's quick and over within a few seconds and I've not thought much of it until today.

Usually, the cups are tiny and the amount of whipped cream is small but today someone enthusiastically gave my dog a coffee-sized cup overflowing with whipped cream.   It was so much I ate a good bit off the top before giving it to the dog.

When we got home I let the dog out of the car in the driveway and was checking the mailbox when I looked over to see her in the mulch grinding her face into the fine particles of mulch mixed with dirt. I yelled for her to stop and saw her look up, with confusion and innocence on her completely mulch-covered face.

It eas everywhere.   Fine needles of mulch that had broken off the larger pieces were all up in her fur. It was on her snout, her front paws, her ears.   Debris had adhered to the fur under her belly as well as parts of her back legs.   I parked the car while she held still, not sure what she'd done because she'd been doing such a fine job of getting the whipped cream remnants off her face, what could possibly be so upsetting to me?  Had I known she had a need to wipe jer face =d

I walked her into the bathroom and stuck her in the tub.   I found a comb and er brush and then spent the next twenty minutes making my bathtub a complete mess but getting her back to Matisse-colored.

The Big Boy Update:  My son did not like the my husband or me the other night as we told him he had to stop what he was doing and get ready for bed.  We had told him multiple times already and he was now facing a consequence for intentionally not listening and doing what we had said.   As my son huffed up to his bedroom he said in a loud tone from across the house, "mom, is there parenting school?  Because I think you need to go."  I told him yea and that both his father and I had gone and we had both gotten got A's.   He didn't have a response to tah

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was outside the other day when our next-door-neighbor, Bryna came out.   She said, "when did you get so big?" My daughter responded, "like three years ago."

No comments:

Post a Comment