Wednesday, February 5, 2020

The Birthday Book

My husband got me something for my fiftieth birthday today (has it been a half-century since I was born?!   My husband said the book was kind of corny, but I loved it.  He had made me a book online all about my birthday and us.   It was funny and touching and silly and such a special thing for him to have made for me.   The book was hardcover and about thirty pages.  Here are some highlights:



My children thought this one was particularly funny:



I had to explain this one to my son, explaining there was a television show for years called The X-Files in which Mulder and Scully were a team of FBI agents that were an unstoppable team.  I told my son I got the idea of his middle name, Fox, from Fox Mulder in this show.  



This one was great...



This scene has happened around our table too many times to count (minus the cow):


The Big Boy Update:  My son came home today and has been playing Home on the Range song on Alexa again and again and has been singing along as he works on the marble tracks he got for Christmas from multiple people.   We're having to eat birthday dinner at the big dining room table since the breakfast nook is covered with marble tracks.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is no longer unhappy about the long cab ride.   This is a current situation because we're letting her take her iPad safely zippered in her backpack with an audiobook playing.   Her braillest starts the book again with her sound-canceling headphones on and when she gets home she almost doesn't want to stop listening.   All in all, we'll take it for now because she's not liked the cab ride for a good while.

No comments:

Post a Comment