Thursday, February 6, 2020

The Love Demons

My children are having Valentine's Day card swaps at school next week.   I'm trying to find out what is expected or not expected of them so I can help them prepare.  My daughter's classmates will likely be giving candy with maybe a nominal card or sticker.   Perhaps we'll be able to find out who the cards are from—this year they're better at writing than the prior two years.

My son's class will be anything but candy.   Maybe a pencil or something academic-related.   Ideally, he should be handwriting a card for every one of his classmates, but I doubt we'll be getting that much done either from a motivation perspective or one of focus.

My son has been doing a lot of artwork lately in school, earning extra time for free art because he's been very productive during work cycle.   He brought home this picture yesterday of the word 'Unity' that he was quite proud of.



Today I saw this picture lying on the counter in the kitchen.   I thought it was Valentine's day related due to the large heart.   I didn't see at first the words at the top and bottom; I tried to adjust the picture to make the pencil more visible.   Here's his poem:

Demons are Red
Angels are Blue
All of the Love Demons
are hunting YOU!
            From: Me?


The Big Boy Update:  Home on the Range is the song of the day here for my son.   When he gets a song stuck in his head he can play it over and over again.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  The front door shut this afternoon and less than thirty seconds later my daughter was crying besides me, telling me how bored she is.   She was scared (a bad lightning storm with the threat of tornados). Then she was hungry but wasn't allowed to eat.   She wasn't going to do her reading and didn't want to do her homework.   BORED, I say.   I told her she needed to figure out how to entertain herself.   She huffed off and has now found something to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment