Saturday, November 2, 2019

Oh my goodness I had a bad migraine today.   I get them every so often and, thanks to my best friend, I have a medication I take that is magic in the way Advil is magic.   An hour later and suddenly you realized you're much better, with no side effects.   That kind of medicine is magic.   Some medications work but give you unwanted side effects like drowsiness.  

Tylenol works for me for regular headaches with a single pill making it go away without a fuss.   Claratin is good for allergy-based situations.   Most antibiotics work without much impact other than the infection squashing effects.   The people and companies who work to make medications are doing good work, helping us to feel better with the application of a little pill.

A headache that's sapping your ability to function and think straight is interesting.  It can come on quickly.   It was only several hours long, but when it's over it's like it's a whole new thing, to feel normal again.   It's almost novel for a while that you don't feel awful and you can move around without stabbing head pain.  

I usually move around very slowly at first, afraid that with the wrong movements the headache will return suddenly.   Sometimes this has happened, so I'm cautious now.   But today once the headache was gone, it was gone.   I had called Margaret and asked if she and Jonathan wanted to come over for dinner.   She and I went to get P.F. Chang's.   My daughter had ridden her bike so much today she had fallen asleep on the chair in the living room.   My son talked enthusiastically to us while he ate, enjoying having the attentions of four adults all to himself.

The Big Boy Update: The night before Halloween my husband carved a pumpkin with my children's help.  I'm not sure what steps they helped with but I know one of the things they were instrumental in was collecting and cleaning the seeds from the pumpkin.  They saved them for me to roast them in the oven the next day—a favorite of our family.   I came home to a bowl of them cleaned and waiting for me.   Off to the side my son had singled out a few specimens, labeling them so they wouldn't be unduly discarded:



The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter told me yesterday, "I like slamming books closed."

No comments:

Post a Comment