Sunday, November 17, 2019

Bloated

The weather, or climate, or environment here in Las Vegas is confusing my body.   It's much drier, making my skin, face and even nostrils aware of the change.   But for some strange reason I've never encountered before, I keep feeling bloated every time I eat.

I've been in this city many times before.  I even got married here.   I've visited during all different times of the year.   It's been hot, or cold or even (and this was a surprise at the time) rainy.  In all those trips I've never felt bloated every time I ate or drank something.   Every time.

I'm not trying to undereat this trip, because I'm running a half marathon in a few hours.  I'm not trying to overeat either though.  I don't need to pack in food of a specific type or amount.  I've had two or three drinks total since arriving, so it's not alcohol.   I would think it was me, except my husband says it's happening to him too.

It's that uncomfortable feeling that you've eaten far too much.   It's the feeling you get after going to a buffet and eating more than you should have, but enjoying it all, knowing you were going to pay for it in discomfort later.   It's like that, but for no reason.

We'll be heading over to the race start area soon.   I've stopped eating and drinking so hopefully I'll feel less bloated before then...I hope.

Oh, this was a funny story from early this morning around seven a.m.  I had gotten my coffee and had put some money in a slot machine when a man came up to me and started talking to me.  He was drinking beer and was clearly intoxicated but since his questions were about the game I was playing I answered back, mostly saying I didn't know since I'd just started.

Then he asked me where I was from and what I was drinking in the coffee cup.   I think at that point he got exasperated with me giving him the minimum information in response to each question so he said.   "I'm really trying to see if you have a ring on."  I showed him my ring and said that yes, I was married.   He said, "I can respect that" and then wandered off to find someone else.

What I don't understand is why he didn't walk around to the other side of me so he was facing my left hand.   He would have seen the ring straight away.   Alcohol probably.

The Big Boy Update:  My son vomited yesterday for some reason I heard.  I'm not sure if Nana and Papa figured out why, but today he seems fine after a good night's sleep.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is staying with Nana and Papa but my daughter isn't neglecting Mimi, whom she's calling regularly on her watch.  My daughter loves all of her grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment