Friday, November 22, 2019

Down All Around

Our Internet connection is down at the house tonight.   It is apparently something fairly significant as it has taken at least the neighborhood out.   This wouldn't be a problem for this blog except we also have our cellular via the same carrier and the trouble seems to extend to all their connectivity here as though something big got taken down in the general vicinity of our house.  

My connection is spotty as I write this through my cell phons' hot spot so I'll make it quick and write more about something or other tomorrow.

My Son's Day:  My son went to Fort Fisher with his class today.  He'd missed the last two years so I was excited to hear how the trip went when I picked him up.  I got there, parked and when the bus arrived I got out and waited for him to disembark.   I turned around a few minutes later to see him playing with another child on the pavement.  I asked him how he got off the bus without me seeing him.   He looked sad and said, "I didn't get to go, Mom.   I've been here all day."   I swear, he got me. I believed him for half a second, even though it made no sense.   He laughed and I congratulated him on a trick well played.   We got in the car and he told me all about the trip, including the fun he had on the bus with his friends there and back (his favorite part, he said).

My Daughter's Day:  We went to my daughter's class for Friendsgiving today.  All the parents brought lunches in and we had a nice time seeing her friends and the other parents.   She was sad we weren't taking her home after lunch.   It was still several days before Thanksgiving break, we told her, but it would be coming soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment