Sunday, November 3, 2019

Application

I've been helping a fifth grader this afternoon on her application to middle school.   I didn't have to write anything in order to get into middle school.  In fact, I don't remember really writing things until I was in high school.   Granted, I went to public school and you just sort of go to the school you're assigned to.   This is for private school and apparently, this process isn't atypical.  I'd write more but I promised I'd help more before bedtime and I'm beat myself.

The Big Boy Update:  My husband realized he missed the window to do Y Guides with my son.   I think my son is okay, saying he likes to do other things together like playing video games.  No surprise there.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter and husband went to the Y Guides winter outing tonight.   The day turned the coldest of the season and they bundled up.   Last year as a first year she walked under the lanterns held by the second and third years.   This yeat she had her own decorated and lit with LED lights stick to hold a lantern that she held as all the new first years passed through.

No comments:

Post a Comment