Monday, July 22, 2019

Where We Went

My husband has an uncanny memory.   Unless, that is, we’re talking about a discussion we had in which I was right and he was clearly wrong.  In those cases my memory is flawless—or so it seems to me.  

He’s been working on some tactile maps for my daughter to show where we went on our sailing trip.   He hasn’t finished her maps in part because we arrived at the family reunion and have been occupied with family, but also in part because he got engrossed in the some more detailed “seeing” maps to make sure he had everything down there first.   Here are those maps, including how we had to tack back and forth as we made our way towards some of the locations:

We picked up the boat in St. Thomas, headed to St. John, then we made the longer trip to St. Croix, spent several days there and then returned to St. Jonn and finally returned to St. Thomas to return the boat on the tenth day.



St. Thomas, with our final, return path shown in red for the end of the trip:



St. John, the second island we visited and spent several days at both on the outbound and return sections of the voyage:



St. Croix, including Buck Island, which was about the most idyllic tropical mooring spot I’ve ever seen.  



The Big Boy Update:  My son met Ryan, our cousin, who is a professional dancer and choreographer.   He’s been talking about Ryan for months now but when faced with meeting him in person, he became very shy.   He was starstruck.   Ryan gave us some advice on what to do to facilitate and encourage my son if his interest in dancing continues.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter is over at one of the other houses tonight, having a sleepover with Sydney.   Their best friend status continues.   They get along so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment