Monday, July 8, 2019

Seven Ways

I’m at the dock now, waiting to get. checked into our boat.   I’m not sure what the process is, but it’s taking on our end multiple trips from the house to the dock to get everything and everyone conveyed here.   We will also have some process we need to go through to get cleared to sail the boat.   That part I have no part in.  I’m not the captain.   I hold no rank at all on the boat until perhaps later in the voyage when I become trained.

Are we prepared?   I hope we are.   In one area I would say we’re over prepared.   This is an area we will or will not need to any varying degree.  This area is seasickness.   We don’t know if any or all of us will have an issue with the rocking and swaying of the boat.   We’re prepared though.   We have no less than seven different ways to combat nausea and sea sickness.  

We don’t know if we’ll need any of the options, but various friends and family suggested each item was essential to have…so we have them all.

Day one of our sailing adventure is going more slowly than anticipated.   We need to depart shortly or they will keep us here for the night because it will take longer to get out of the harbor than we have time before the harbor closes.   Or something like that.   It’s close to four o’clock and while I’ve been on the boat since before eleven o’clock, we haven’t actually gone anywhere.   I’ve been busy though, unpacking and stowing things.  

Hopefully we’ll be underway shortly.   My husband and Alice are waiting for us to pick them up near the airport where they dropped the rental cars.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son was very, very happy to report this morning how he used no screen time and, <check my pants please> he had totally clean underwear.   He most definitely did not like losing screen time or the threat of letting his friends know about it (a leverage point threat, not something I would have actually done).   He hasn’t had much screen time today because we’ve been on the boat.   He hasn’t missed it, he’s been having fun.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter was on the boat no less than five minutes before we turned away to the multitude of other things needed to get the boat ready for sailing, when my daughter cut her chin.   Fairly badly.   We tried to butterfly it so it would heal without a bad scar.   Not how we wanted to start a positive experience on the boat with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment