Friday, July 5, 2019

Critically Completed

I have all the critical things completed for the sailing trip we leave for in the morning.   Critical meaning I have everything packed I think we’ll need.  The list has changed and morphed so many times over the past two weeks that I feel a little muddled about what is and isn’t going with us.

But regardless, bags are packed—four of them, which is two more large bags than we’ve travelled with before. We’re under the fifty pound weight limit (without extra fees) on all four bags.   The house is mostly cleaned, as in it’s clean as can be for what some people would measure as a state of clean, but I’d like to have things better put away.

I’m out of time though.   You would think that with everything it seems like I’ve been doing to get ready for the trip that I would be well done by now.   The children are tired of hearing me say, “I have to pack.”   That’s not entirely true, I was calling it, “packing” but it involved things across all facets of my life that needed to be completed, buttoned up, updated, prepared for and planned in preparation for us to be out of town for several weeks, some of those both international and on a sailboat.

Yesterday I got a migraine headache and fell asleep somewhere between four and six o’clock.   I stayed in bed until morning.   And that mean I lost time and have been trying to catch up today, something I knew I couldn’t fully do because there was just too many little things that needed to be done that each took time.

The net result is things that could wait, like emails, just had to wait.   I got into email the other day but after a few hours had to break off.   Hopefully I can do some email out by the pool in St. Thomas before we depart on the boat in a few days time.

The dog is off with my in-laws and will have a fantastic time with her own vacation there while we’re gone.   The children need baths and then off to bed with them.   I’m shortly following them to bed as we have to get up early in the morning.

The Big Boy Update:  My son went to see Spiderman: Far From Home today with Rayan and his father.   He said he liked the movie but he couldn’t tell me anything about it because spoilers and all.  

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter held onto the dog for a good while before my in-laws left with her.   Leaving the dog is always hard for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment