Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Final VIdeo

I’ve mentioned I sent the do off to “bootcamp” and that the result were remarkable.   Not only were they remarkable, the dog will follow commands from anyone, even if you’ve never worked with her before.   She was trained using an e-collar, which was use to help with attention, not as a punishment There is a lot of misconception about e-collars being a negative type of training, which may be the case when used with that goal in mind.  

For Matisse, it was to center her attention on the trainer and the command or expectation.   Most of the time the collar isn’t even used.  I rarely use it at home and don’t even have the collar on much of the time.   The training is solid though.   We have a dog who has a lot of stability now, understands expectations, is much more confident and happier.   She’s almost a different dog from when we sent her off for two weeks.   I’ve been calling it, “turnkey training”.  

Here’s the after video from our trainer, Sammy.   Matisse had grown quite attached to Sammy by the end of two weeks.  I know she was happy to see me, but she was also a bit sad to leave without Sammy, her constant companion, when we drove off.


The Big Boy Update:  My son was requesting songs in the car on the way to the Chiropractor this afternoon.   After the third song he mused, “every band has at least one fan."

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had her best friend from school, Brooklynn, come over for a play date today.   They got along so well.   Brooklynn was an excellent friend and guest.  I told her she was welcome back any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment