Sunday, July 21, 2019

In The Lagoon

Today those who’ve come to the family reunion are getting together at the house we’re staying at for a gathering and dinner.   The adults have done a lot of talking and catching up while the children have gotten together with their own age/peer groups.   My daughter is very happy to be spending time with Sydney, her cousin.

They haven’t met before, but they were instant best friends.   They’ve been inseparable since they met last night.   My son has been doing a lot of screen time, something we’re trying to control, but he doesn’t have a peer he can play with and he’s enjoying spending time alone with games and YouTube channels about the games he plays.

It’s hot here.  We’re in the middle of a heat wave that’s breaking temperature records.  In order to cool off we all got in the lagoon at the back of the house.   Daisy, my brother-in law’s family dog, loves to swim in the lagoon.   She has a small dog life vest.   My mother-in-law got a similar one for Matisse.  

Matisse wasn’t too sure about the water, although she was interested.   She got put in the water several time, was put on a paddle board with me and looked like she wanted to go swimming when people called to her, but she just didn’t know how.

She’s had a rinsing bath now to get the salt water off her and is now lounging on the air condoning vent to cool off and get dry.   I’m hoping by the end of the week she’ll be happily paddling around the bay just like Daisy is.  

The Big Boy Update:  My son didn’t want to get in the water today.   He said the big kids were teasing him and it made him feel stupid.   I think they were just trying to encourage him to get in the water, but he took it very personally.   He got over it and is still in the lagoon with them now.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:   My daughter just loves her new friend Sydney.   She is a year older and has been loving being the leader in the games they play.   Sydney is such a sweet and kind friend.   She seems to inherently understand what to do to work with my daughter’s blindness.   They have played completely harmoniously since last night.   I hope Sydney can spend a lot of time over here this week.   It’s been a very fun family reunion for my daughter so far with her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment