Friday, July 5, 2019

Unbothered

It’s after midnight and I haven’t written my post for the day.   I was working diligently to get ready for departure on our trip, what with there being lots to still do, when I came down with a bad case of being sleepy, coupled with a migraine headache round about five o’clock in the afternoon.

I spent the rest of the day, saving for a bit of time I got up to eat my husband’s pork chop dinner, in bed.   I heard the fireworks and got up to help my daughter put in some ear plugs on account of it was all much too loud for her liking.  

I woke up now and would really like to get up and get more accomplished for the trip packing, which is more about getting things ready to be packed than it is just putting things in bags, but I can tell I’d better not or my headache is going to come back.   I’ll certainly be rested enough in the morning.   I’ll try to get an early start.

The dog was completely unbothered by the fireworks being set off on our street.   There was a collaborative effort by my husband and our next door neighbor from the fireworks front.   It was loud and it went on for a while.   The dog just hung out calmly in the room with me, not backing or being stressed in any way by the cacophony outside.   She has anxiety about some loud noises (the vacuum cleaner for example) but it would appear bangs and whistles right outside the house is not a concern for her.

The Big Boy Update:  We have completely fallen off the screen time rules plan for the last several days, my husband and I have been so busy.  My son has taken advantage of use being both busy by staying out of out way through lots of television and gaming.   He’s going to be detoxing shortly when there will be nothing to do or watch when we get on the boat.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter helped me make Race to the Treasure, a board game, tactile this morning.   She was so excited about the result she asked Keira to play it with her and then her father later in the day to play as well.   It’s a fun, collaborative game in which all the players work together to get to the treasure before the ogres can.

No comments:

Post a Comment