Friday, January 11, 2019

Movie Night

Tonight is Movie Night.   We have friends come over.   An unknown number of friends as the invitation is open to a varied group of friends.   We don’t always host Movie Night, sometimes other friends do, but we like to.  

We had some other children that came for a while but their family moved on the road (they travel full time).   There was another child but she’s a teen and much less interested in playing with my children as he is getting on a group chat with his friends.

My children used to be interested in movies but my daughter can’t see the television at all and my son is positively averse to watching anything he hasn’t already seen before.   And even then, he’s not interested in watching a movie most nights anyways.

My husband makes popcorn in the popcorn machine I wasn’t keen on getting but am now an avid fan of.   The movie(s) the group watches (I usually stay upstairs with my children) is sometimes new, sometimes old and sometimes the choice of the person having a birthday that week.

People bring dinner or eat before they come.   We order food or my husband makes something.   It’s a come when you want, leave when you’re ready kind of thing that’s been a staple of our Friday night’s since we built our house.

We’ve had as few as one and as many as fifteen come.  Tonight I don’t know how many will be here, but my children are happy it’s Friday and Movie Night again.

The Big Boy Update:  My son had a very good day at school his teacher told me as he was getting in the car.   She said she thought he could even get an extra “freedom” as a result of how hard he worked.   He was invited to go with the third-years today (third graders).   It was a bit thing for him.   He was pretty excited to talk to me about it in the car.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter has been with Morgan, her favorite sitter who’s hime from college, all day.   I think they have to be coming home soon because my best friend accidentally called my phone and before I realized it was a mistake I heard her say in the background, “Morgan is coming”.

No comments:

Post a Comment