Wednesday, January 30, 2019

I Don’t Even Know...

…sometimes where to begin.   Today was one of those days with my son.  Not so much with him but with a conference we had with his teachers.   We’re trying lots of things but nothing seems to be working.  We had another discussion with Dhruti after school.   My son knows nothing about any of what was discussed today.   We’re still figuring it out as parents.   We may know more soon.   I wish I knew how to help him.   We all do.  Everyone is trying everything they can think of to help.

The Big Boy Update:  My son came down tonight after I got home from dog training class.  He had been asleep when I got home but had had a nightmare.   I was just starting to wash the dog when he came in.   He helped me get her toweled off and then asked me if I could go up with him and read to him.  He wanted me to read a comic book to him.   He can read it just as fast as I can now and spent most of the time correcting me, showing me how the intonation should have been done and what the voices of the different characters sounded like.   Then he gave me a big hug and went to bed.   He even let me give him a kiss goodnight on the head.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles:  My daughter had dental work today.   Only she didn’t.   She had residual memory of prior dental work and once she got in the chair sort of lost it.   The valium didn’t help and she never made it to the nitrous oxide.   They said they would do a special kind of treatment on the tooth and just watch it and if it didn’t get worse they’d just leave it until the tooth fell out.   My question is why didn’t we do that in the first place?

No comments:

Post a Comment