Saturday, January 19, 2019

Come Here

We weren’t sure how the dog was going to work out. We hoped it would be a good thing for my daughter, but at first she had a hard time interacting with her.  She would want the dog or carry her around, which the dog tolerates exceedingly well, but as a puppy, sometimes that would turn into her mouthing her with her teeth.  My daughter would squeal at this and run away, which was interpreted as play by the dog.  Torn pants from puppy teeth ensued and my daughter was exclaiming how she hated the dog.  Followed by wanting to be with her an hour later.

They, or she, have grown in their ability to understand each other.  My daughter helps out with the dog all the time and enjoys interacting with her.   This afternoon I heard her say, as she opened the cage to let the dog out, “come here, Matisse, I want some love.”   And of course the dog did what dogs do and gave her some.

The Big Boy Update: My son was given the option of earning some screen time this weekend for reading.  One hour of reading for one hour of screen time.   He took home a hard chapter book for the long weekend and this afternoon in the middle of other children over in our yard, he sat in his room and read.   He’s starting to really like reading.

The Tiny Girl Chronicles: My daughter was a little upset the other day because she thought she only had one nipple.  After a more thorough search she found the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment